A superficial chemical peel treatment helps exfoliate and accelerate the removal of dead skin cells. They have been shown to prevent the breakdown of collagen and stimulate the process of natural skin renewal. Unlike the deeper phenol of a TCA peel, the depth of penetration is kept to the epidermal or superficial dermis, eliminating the crusting or peeling that may happen with deeper peels.
Alpha Hydroxy Acid Treatment
Naturally-derived compounds glycolic, from sugar cane, and lactic, from sour milk, may slow the skin’s aging process. Our philosophy is to tailor treatments to our patient’s needs and to increase concentrations to the maximum tolerated by the individual’s skin, for optimal results.
Beta Hydroxy Acid Treatment
Naturally-derived from the bark of the willow tree, salicylic acid is formulated with patented microsponge technology, which enables the acid to reach the smallest crevices on the skin’s surface.
Achieve healthier, younger-looking skin with our clinically-tested, radiance-enhancing peels from SkinMedica. These comfortable, non-invasive peels address the damaged outer layer of the skin and help to reduce visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. The peels enhance skin’s color and clarity; tighten and improve texture for smoother, softer skin; and help to minimize the appearance of skin imperfections, including dark spots, acne-prone skin, and premature aging caused by sun exposure. Optimal results are typically achieved within 3 to 6 treatments.
Combination Peel Treatments
- Preventative measure for premature aging. May assist in preventing pre and superficial skin cancers.
- Over a cumulative treatment period of several months, photoaged and dry skin develop a more even skin tone and a smoother complexion resulting in a refinement of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves acne and acne scarring.
- Decrease areas of hyperpigmentation.
- At least a 30 SPF sunscreen is required.
- Specifically compounded formulations to enhance results.
Signs of Aging
To learn more about Chemical Peels, or to schedule your consultation at Dermatology Associates of Plymouth Meeting, serving the Philadelphia metro area, including The Main Line, Chestnut Hill, Blue Bell, Gwynedd, and Flourtown, please fill out the form on this page or call 610.828.0400.